Study Spanish in Segovia
- Course for professionals
- Segovia, Spain
Study Spanish in Segovia
Students train to gain experience and acquire the skills necessary to use the language at a high level - teachers push students to achieve to the maximum of their potential, and set milestones and goals for each student, with constant evaluation. This sets the pace for each learner to surpass their academic expectations and achieve more than they thought possible.
The small number of students in each group provides participants with a learning experience tailored to each individual's needs, while benefiting from the participants' experiences and cultural diversity. Small class sizes also allow for a large amount of individual coaching, which helps to provide students with the confidence and disposition to master the language in a stimulating environment.
The course exposes learners to a range of authentic sources from different academic subjects, piquing their intellectual curiosity alongside exposing them to different styles and registers, as well as new vocabulary and structures. Students debate, discuss and analyse these sources, leading to increased confidence and fluency alongside enhanced critical thinking skills.
Objective of the Stay
To become a confident and accurate user of Spanish.
The Quatorial Programme
30 hours per week.
Very small groups equals a high level of tutor attention and a clarity of focus on the academic aims of the group. Suited to professional development and specialisation.
- Core skills lessons which equip students with the necessary skills in grammar, comprehension and accuracy, and communication skills workshops which transform learners into bold and fluent users of the language.
- Lesson content is academically challenging, and students interact with new ideas and approaches through the use of authentic materials from a range of academic subjects. Students are exposed to subjects such as literature, history and economics and acquire mastery of the language through broadening their knowledge of these topics.
- The discussion of current international affairs and topical issues in the classroom allows students to develop skills in speaking, expression and debate in tandem with widening their worldview.
- Courses include an element of teamwork, building expertise in interpersonal and intercultural communication, alongside problem-solving, critical thinking and leadership.
- Homework tasks are set daily to allow learners to reflect on and consolidate what they have learned in the day, as well as prepare for the next day.
Increased mastery of the language, students become bold and confident users of Spanish whilst speaking with accuracy and fluency.
Staying in a homestay gives participants the chance to be fully immersed into the local culture of the destination, whilst also being able to practice the language in a relaxed and natural setting. No two students of the same mother tongue are placed with the same host, which enables students to broaden their scope in their use of the language and become familiar with expressing themselves. Homestay arrivals the Sunday before the course begins, and departures the Saturday after the course ends.
The Experience of Living in Segovia
Segovia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985, is an incomparable place of study. 90 km from Madrid, this attractive and dynamic city is home to some of Spain's most interesting examples of architecture: the city centre, where the old historic quarter is housed, protected by medieval ramparts, the aqueduct, a jewel of Roman engineering that has become the city's symbol, the Alcazar, the Royal Castle overlooking Segovia, and the Monastery of San Antonio el Real, are all evidence of the city's sumptuous past, where different cultures meet. The bustling streets offer museums, boutiques and cafes allowing students to immerse themselves in local Spanish life. Segovia also has stunning natural surroundings, and is located at the foot of the spectacular mountain range of Guadarrama.
The price includes 30 hours of tuition per week, half-board accommodation in a carefully selected homestay and a cultural programme.