Prepare for Exam Success
- Boston, USA
Prepare for Exam Success
- Students train to gain experience and acquire the skills necessary to use the language at a high level - teachers push students to achieve to the maximum of their potential, and set milestones and goals for each student, with constant evaluation. This sets the pace for each learner to surpass their academic expectations and achieve more than they thought possible.
- Individual tuition provides participants with a learning experience tailored to their precise needs. The scholar is assigned a range of tutors throughout the day, who adopt the style and pace of their pedagogical approach to ensure that the individual before them can perform as confident speakers of their second language.
- The course exposes learners to a range of authentic sources from different academic subjects, piquing their intellectual curiosity alongside exposing them to different styles and registers, as well as new vocabulary and structures. Students debate, discuss and analyse these sources, leading to increased confidence and fluency alongside enhanced critical thinking skills.
Objectives of the stay
To achieve the desired result in an English proficiency exam including IELTS, TOEFL and the Cambridge B2 and C1 exams.
Intensive Tutorial: Exam Preparation
Intensive for accelerated progress for specific purpose is more than one to one lessons, this method coaches the learner and creates strategies to identify obstacles and realise the personal ambitions of the learner.
- Core skills lessons which equip students with the necessary skills in grammar, comprehension and accuracy to succeed in the exam, and communication skills workshops which transform learners into bold and fluent users of the language.
- Students receive intensive examination practice under timed conditions, including exercises from past papers. Regular drills and practice tests give the students the strategies to succeed in every part of the exam: including familiarity with the exam format and content, alongside time management, the ability to respond to difficulties and compensation strategies
- Homework tasks are set daily to allow learners to reflect on and consolidate what they have learned in the day, as well as prepare for the next day.
Achievement of the desired grade in the exam.
Homestay accommodation is provided for all learners on a half-board basis. Homestay arrivals the Sunday before the course begins, and departures the Saturday after the course ends.
The experience of living in Boston
Boston Logan Airport is situated on the outskirts of the city, approximately 7km from OISE Boston.
Boston is a diverse and vibrant city, one of the oldest in the United States; and yet one of the most creative and forward-thinking.
Host to many world-class universities, a booming pharmaceutical industry, and several Fortune 500 companies, Boston is an ideal place for university students and professionals to reach for the highest levels of English proficiency.
With a history spanning over almost 400 years, Boston is one of the most culturally-rich cities in the United States. Having been site to several defining moments of the nation’s history, Boston offers visitors a wealth of museums and places of historical importance where they are able to gain a deep understanding of the city and its history and culture.
Music and the arts are well-supported in Boston, and students have a wide range of cultural entertainment to choose from, including world-class orchestras, ballets, theaters and galleries.
The cultural programme at OISE Boston is designed to expose students to the best of what the city has to offer. With a history spanning over almost 400 years, Boston is one of the most culturally-rich cities in the United States and students are exposed to this wealth of history through walking tours, visits to museums and galleries and trips to historic landmarks such as the USS Constitution ship. Students also benefit from the academic side to the city, and are able to visit the Harvard campus and participate in the unique Boston summer tradition of watching Harvard and MIT compete at the Head of the Charles Regatta, the world’s largest two-day rowing event from the banks of the Esplanade.
The price includes tuition, half-board homestay accommodation, a social programme, all learning materials and a certificate at the end of the course.