- Boston, Boston
- Students train to gain experience and acquire the skills necessary to use the language at a high level - teachers push students to achieve to the maximum of their potential, and set milestones and goals for each student, with constant evaluation. This sets the pace for each learner to surpass their academic expectations and achieve more than they thought possible.
- Individual tuition provides participants with a learning experience tailored to their precise needs. The scholar is assigned a range of tutors throughout the day, who adopt the style and pace of their pedagogical approach to ensure that the individual before them can perform as confident speakers of their second language.
- The course exposes learners to a range of authentic sources from different academic subjects, piquing their intellectual curiosity alongside exposing them to different styles and registers, as well as new vocabulary and structures. Students debate, discuss and analyse these sources, leading to increased confidence and fluency alongside enhanced critical thinking skills.
Objective of the stay
To make a major step in the mastery of the language
Intensive for accelerated progress for specific purpose is more than one to one lessons, this method coaches the learner and creates strategies to identify obstacles and realise the personal ambitions of the learner.
- Core skills lessons which equip students with the necessary skills in grammar, comprehension and accuracy, and communication skills workshops which transform learners into bold and fluent users of the language.
- Lesson content is academically challenging, and students interact with new ideas and approaches through the use of authentic materials from a range of academic subjects. Students are exposed to subjects such as literature, history and economics and acquire mastery of the language through broadening their knowledge of these topics.
- The discussion of current international affairs and topical issues in the classroom allows students to develop skills in speaking, expression and debate in tandem with widening their worldview.
- Homework tasks are set daily to allow learners to reflect on and consolidate what they have learned in the day, as well as prepare for the next day.
Increased mastery of the language, students become bold and confident users of English whilst speaking with accuracy and fluency.
Homestay accommodation is provided for all learners on a half-board basis. Homestay arrivals the Sunday before the course begins, and departures the Saturday after the course ends.
The experience of living in Boston
With a history spanning over almost 400 years, Boston is one of the most culturally-rich cities in the United States. Having been site to several defining moments of the nation’s history, Boston offers visitors a wealth of museums and places of historical importance where they are able to gain a deep understanding of the city and its history and culture.
The cultural program at OISE Boston is designed to expose students to the best of what the city has to offer. With a history spanning over almost 400 years, Boston is one of the most culturally-rich cities in the United States and students are exposed to this wealth of history through walking tours, visits to museums and galleries and trips to historic landmarks such as the USS Constitution ship. Students also benefit from the academic side to the city, and are able to visit the Harvard campus and participate in the unique Boston summer tradition of watching Harvard and MIT compete at the Head of the Charles Regatta, the world’s largest two-day rowing event from the banks of the Esplanade.
The price includes tuition, half-board homestay accommodation, a cultural program, all learning materials and a certificate at the end of the course.