English for Individual Professions
- Regent London, England
English for Individual Professions
Like-minded participants join this programme, all with the clear intention to be driven by their tutors to study and practise under the individual stewardship of the teaching team. 5 hours per week of individual coaching tailored to student's precise requirements allows for a career-specific focus, including English for finance, medicine, business and law.
Teachers push students to achieve to the maximum of their potential, and set milestones and goals for each student, with constant evaluation. This sets the pace for each learner to surpass their academic expectations and achieve more than they thought possible
The small number of students in each group provides participants with a learning experience tailored to each individual's needs, while benefiting from the participants' experiences and cultural diversity.
Students train to gain experience and acquire the skills necessary to succeed in the international workplace, and move forward in their careers.
Objectives of the stay
To master the language for specific professional purposes.
The Quatorial + 5 programme
30 hours per week.
Very small groups equals a high level of tutor attention and a clarity of focus on the academic aims of the group. Suited to professional development and specialisation.
5 hours per week of individual tuition tailored to the student's precise professional goals.
- Core skills lessons which equip students with the necessary skills in grammar, comprehension and accuracy, and communication skills workshops which transform learners into bold and fluent users of the language.
- Lesson content is academically challenging, and students interact with new ideas and approaches through the use of authentic materials from a range of academic subjects. Students are exposed to subjects such as literature, history and economics and acquire mastery of the language through broadening their knowledge of these topics.
- The discussion of current international affairs and topical issues in the classroom allows students to develop skills in speaking, expression and debate in tandem with widening their worldview.
- Courses include an element of teamwork, building expertise in interpersonal and intercultural communication, alongside problem-solving, critical thinking and leadership.
- Homework tasks are set daily to allow learners to reflect on and consolidate what they have learned in the day, as well as prepare for the next day.
Achievement of a specific professional goal.
Staying in a homestay gives participants the chance to be fully immersed into the local culture of the destination, whilst also being able to practice the language in a relaxed and natural setting. No two students of the same mother tongue are placed with the same host, which enables students to broaden their scope in their use of the language and become familiar with expressing themselves. Homestay arrivals the Sunday before the course begins, and departures the Saturday after the course ends.
The school can assist students with hotel recommendations in the local area, and is able to book selected hotels on behalf of students.
For students who wish to make their own accommodation arrangements.
The Experience of Living in London
London is an exhilarating cosmopolitan city of unrivalled opportunity. The world capital of fashion, finance, arts and entertainment, and host to some of the world’s best universities and most innovative colleges -all promoting a diverse international community.
The school boasts a lecture theatre for group presentations, a debating chamber and a computer suite, as well as two drawing rooms, where learners can enjoy a comfortable break between lessons with complimentary refreshments. WiFi is also available throughout the building.
London is served by six international airports as well as several train and bus stations. All major London airports can be reached from the heart of the city, where OISE London is located, within an hour by public transport, and there are frequent Eurostar services departing from Kings Cross St Pancras station, just a short ride on the Underground from the school. Alternatively the school can arrange a private taxi transfer.
The cultural programme is designed to give students every opportunity to experience the best that London has to offer in a culturally enriching way, promoting the use of English in authentic situations whilst deepening their knowledge of history, architecture and the arts in the context of the city. Activities include walking tours, allowing students to become familiar with London and its history and culture, alongside visits to the city’s world-class museums and galleries and trips to the theatre and local events such as festivals.
The price includes 30 hours of tuition per week, half-board accommodation in a homestay and a cultural programme.